Tuesday, August 25, 1987

Dear Ryan,

Guru Sahara has just informed me of the sad news that the monastery near Trincomalee, Sri Lanka has been attacked by communist gorillas and Guru Kumar has been killed.* Guru Sahara has gone back to Sri Lanka to attend the funeral and meditate. So temporarily I’m going to have to put off the exercising of my house spirits, although I know you probably want to get this over with almost as much as I do.

Temporarily, I’m going to try and lure the bad spirits from the house by putting a spirit house in the garden. The spirit house costs $200 plus the cost of the food and gifts to be placed inside. I’ll understand if you don’t want to pay for this expense in addition to the exercism sometime later.

Yours,
Gabrielle

* You shouldn’t blame yourself too much for this.

No comments: